Looking to launch yourself to the next level? It is time to start examining the way you treat yourself. Instead of putting everyone else's needs first, start considering what it is that YOU need. I like to refer to the flight attendant scenario. When giving safety precautions, the attendant instructs you to put your own oxygen on first before giving others their mask. You can not really help another passenger if you have passed out from lack of oxygen right? Here are some tips to loving yourself.
1. Give yourself permission to have down time. Embrace some quiet and peace, free your mind of stressors and worries.
2. Schedule an appointment for yourself. Go ahead, put in your phone calendar something just for you, be it a nail appointment, time to hike your favorite trail, that salsa dance lesson you always wanted to take...
3. Regulate the self-talk. What are you telling yourself? Are the messages you send yourself positive, nurturing, loving, encouraging? Pay attention and if they are degrading, self-defeating statements, switch them over to a positive. Consider if what you are saying to yourself is something you would say to someone you love.
4. Surround yourself with those who motivate and inspire you.
5. Focus on what you can control. Let go of the stress and worries you have no control over.
6. DREAM BIG! Identify your goal, write it down, think it through, plan it out, tell everyone about it.
7. Accept that failing is part of learning. Instead of beating yourself up about something you could have done differently, look at it from a strategic perspective and consider what you can learn from the experience.
8. Set boundaries. Be clear about what you are and are not willing to accept in your life.
9. Share what you have been blessed with. Take your strengths and share them with the world.
10. Be honest with yourself and let go of ideas, images, expectations and stereotypes others have cast on you.